My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Perspective is a very powerfull thing. To be able to manipulate it in such a way that loved characters become hated ones and vice versa, is proof of great writing skills and an excellent control of narration around events that the reader may have thought they knew by heart.
In this book, things that I thought were carved in stone were completely shattered. As I read Acheron first, I was completely in the 'I hate Styxx' club, but the author played masterfully with the events that I knew throught the eyes of who I know that was a noble, misunderstood and desperate character, that did everything in his power to survive and was a victim of fate and the gods.
I can say that this book played with my feelings in such a way that I started to hate some beloved characters for a while, and to see others in a new light.
Funnily enough, I haven't read any other Dark Hunter books besides Acheron and this one, so you can say that I started the journey of the twins(Acheron and Styxx) with a blank slate and no preview knowledge to influence my opinion.
I admire the author who was able to create such impressive stories, and continues to do so.
I'll probably start reading more of her works, with complete trust that I'll be reading good stories full of interesting characters and intriguing plots.
View all my reviews
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario